THE IAQ BLOG FOR PROS
For HVAC contractors and manufacturers
IoT (internet of things) devices are everywhere…and the number just keeps rising. By 2020, there are expected to be 50 million IoT devices in the world, worth an incredible $19 trillion! However, despite this tremendous growth, in the present day, only 0.06% of all devices that could potentially leverage IoT are actually doing so (leaving 99.94% […]
When IoT technology comes up in conversation, it is often being discussed for consumer use. So many news articles and documentaries talk about how it can make things better and easier for customers, but IoT is also revolutionising industries, like manufacturing! More and more factories are implementing IoT to revolutionise their production lines and become more […]
Smart homes; smart cities; smart motorways. Ever get the feeling that everything is becoming ‘smarter?’ The world’s newfound ‘smartness’ is generally attributable to what’s often called the ‘Internet of Things’ – or IoT for short. To explain it in the most basic terms, the IoT is about the ‘things’ or products we use, being able […]
Getting customers’ attention is simply not as easy as it used to be, gone are the days of just relying on word of mouth. The heating and air industry is very competitive, so it’s important to stand out. With just one residential customer having the potential to be worth over $10,000 (and commercial customers even more) it’s […]
Air pollution is the 4th highest risk factor for death globally, and by far the leading environmental risk factor for disease. One of the best ways to limit this risk for your customers and their loved ones is to take measures to improve IAQ in their homes. IAQ stands for indoor air quality, and you may […]
Technology is changing the world. I bet if you look around you, you can see at least one smart device (not including the one you’re reading this on!) Smart devices can help to automate processes, give you more insight, and just make your life easier as a whole. So, implementing technology into your HVAC business […]
In the age of the smart consumer, HVAC isn’t just about creating comfortable homes. It’s about creating comfortable, *healthy* homes! Increasingly, more than just technicians, HVAC contractors are becoming like doctors for the home, tapping into home performance technology to improve health, optimise comfort and save energy for their customers.
Seasonal spikes can be lowered thanks to HVAC maintenance service agreements. Here are 10 ways to incr…
When you’re sick, what kind of professional do you call to take care of you? Most people would say a doctor, and they’re right. But often, a doctor’s not the only person who can make a difference.Jonathan Waterworth, for example, has no medical background whatsoever. But for many people with serious respiratory problems, Jonathan has helped […]
“If the water in your tap was discolored, would you drink it? Okay, what if you could see that your air was dirty?”Few people in the UK know or care about indoor air quality. But one forward-thinking British HVAC pro found that you don’t need a health issue to be in vogue to get clients […]
It’s not practical to build new sustainable homes for every household in the United States. But smart handiwork combined with technology available today can make net-zero energy houses out of the oldest, roughest houses we’ve got standing.Picture the “house of the future:” A sustainable, zero-emissions home that keeps its family comfortable and the air clean […]
An HVAC contractor or anyone else who works with a building’s air flow can easily add indoor air quality to their services. But what’s in it for them? How many houses really have serious IAQ issues? Furthermore, how many potential clients care enough about them to pay to get them fixed?
When an HVAC system is properly designed and subject to an adequate maintenance program, it improves indoor air quality and provides comfort for occupants. However, HVAC systems can also harm air quality if poorly designed or when maintenance is lacking.There are several ways in which an HVAC system can degrade indoor air quality: Spreading dust, […]
Two seconds into my Skype call with Nate Adams, and he paused to stare at the rafters behind me. “Rough-hewn ceiling joints, two inches instead of one and a half, that wood color… I’d say built between 1890 and 1910.” Through pixelated video thousands of miles away, he saw my walls clearer than I did.